My name is Stephanie Heintzeler and I am a German educated midwife, acupuncturist and US-educated doula and Lactation Counselor. I was born in New York City but raised in Germany, where I found my enthusiasm for midwifery already when I was 12 years old- thanks to my brother who was born then. I successfully finished my midwifery-exam in 2000 in the Black Forest of Germany.
While I was working in Frankfurt I started to get interested in TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) so I continued my education in Acupuncture and finished my exams in 2003.
I moved back to my birth town in 2003. My book “New Yorker Geschichten” (“New York Stories”) got published and I started my own Doula business after I had certified with DONA in 2006. In 2010 I founded Preggie LLC in Germany that imports Preggie Pops (www.preggiepops.de) from the US.
In 2014 I founded The New York Doula Concierge Services through which I match expecting parents with a Doula that fits their needs and budget: Doula Concierge.
In April 2015 Health&Parenting launched their new website and App. I was asked to write the content and together we created this wonderful resource app about baby development, nutrition, pregnancy changes, birth plan, signs of labor, labor and birth, post partum, breastfeeding, newborn care AND SO MUCH MORE! Download here to your phone, it’s free!
Besides my midwifery and doula-work I am a dedicated NY Cares volunteer, sing in a choir in Greenwich Village, am the biggest opera fan ever and enjoy Yoga and running.
Fun Facts about Stephanie
From the year 2000 until the end of 2016…
- I have 1246 babies delivered as a midwife in Germany (678 baby boys and 568 baby girls, 38 water births, 7x breech babies naturally born, 21 times twins -half of them vaginally born-, 1 time triplets)
- supported 340 parents-to-be during labor and birth in New York. Those babies were born in 9 different hospitals/birthing centers or homes in Manhattan and Brooklyn.
- I worked with about 270 “newborn” parents in their postpartum phase
- I held childbirth classes for about 1,100 moms and dads to be
- attended over 260 c-sections
- “caught” 16 babies between home and delivery room